Monday, September 14, 2009

Camping!



Lake Chelan was beautiful, the weather was great, the water was COLD and we had a good time relaxing and cooking in the out doors!

Unfortunately I forgot to charge my battery in my camera so I only got a few photos, but it looks a lot like it did last year. There are a couple new photos from this year here

We made campfire doughnuts which are pills,bury dough toasted over the fire, dipped in melted butter and then tossed in cinnamon and sugar. DELICIOUS!

I can' get over how many stars you can see when you're out of the Urban reflection area. From my home you can only see the brightest of the stars like the constellations Orion and the Big Dipper.

Out there, you can see everything. the band of the Milky Way is clearly visible and you feel like you're part of something much bigger. I wonder if part of the denial that God exists comes from the fact that we can't see The beauty of space from our light polluted urban environments. I could look up forever.

My Dad's Sister Pat and her Husband Mike are coming today to visit us, I think it's really awesome that they want to come and see us. I'm excited! So, I've got to get going to clean up a little and put our camping gear away!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i've been to lake chelan and it's beautiful! :) glad you had such a wonderful time!! it's so good to get out and enjoy time in the fresh air! :)