Sunday, October 2, 2011

So, I did a Mud run for my first 5k ever. A mud run has mud pits and other obstacles... I did all but one of the obstacles and finished in just over an hour. If I'd known it was only 8 minutes and 20 seconds, I might have run a little more...but hey, it was my first time and I'm not really done with my Couch to 5K training and I'd never ever run outside before...except at women's retreat for like 15 minutes until I got all spider webby...eeew. The run I did was called HELL RUN! Before:
AFTER:
I had fun at a run, who ever would have thought that? I hated running my whole life, probably because I'm not fast, I don't have very good wind, and I used to hate sweating...and people are judgmental in High School and it's all about being better than someone else. Now that I'm into my 30's I just don't care and I want Jack to learn by example how much fun sports of all kinds can be. And that winning isn't the only fun part. Most of the time participating with friends, and having fun doing the event is where the real value is. I had a great time! oh and I finished in 1:08:20 with Jack's half brother Sammy's Mother at my side. We call ourselves "Outlaws" because we aren't In-laws, but we're more than friends and family connected by Adoption, but there is no law for what we are...we're outside the law.
Photobucket

1 comment:

BumbersBumblings said...

So impressive! What a fun thing!

I've been running 5ks, 10ks and just ran my half marathon in the spring and I'm still a big chicken about mud runs!

Though, a girl at work just broke her leg in three places last week from the mud run here. That didn't help me anxiety about it!