Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Jer's Grandparents were with us for Easter, and it was fine, but when they come it is all about making sure they have everything they need and it's just crazy busy. Jer sang two solos at church and did very well! Alas, we didn't get any pictures because people rushed me out of the church. When I wanted to get pics with Jack and Jer by the Easter lilies. Oh well!

He is Risen! And THAT is the focus of Easter, not the fact that this is Jack's second "Holy Holiday" :p. I am so grateful for my savior as I sit here reflecting on His Resurrection with the freedom of alone time. Having guests just doesn't allow for much spirituality. So, my favorite song is this:

"CELEBRATE JESUS CELEBRATE!! CELEBRATE JESUS, CELEBRATE! HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN! AND HE LIVES FOREVERMORE!!" I miss going to the Nazarene church!

OH...and I spent 1:45 at the Hospital on Saturday Evening, because I tried to amputate my fingertip...I have 6 stitches, one holding my fingernail to the nail bed. Sweet. I was cutting a toy off of a cardboard for Jack. I really don't know what happened after that, as I went into auto and managed to get bandaged up enough to go to the hospital...there are more details, but I'll spare you. :D I'm fine, just sheepish.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jewls said...

I love Easter! I am SO glad that the tomb was empty...what a happy thing to celebrate!!

Jamie said...

happy easter! i'm always SO bad at getting pictures! :( i continually vow to be better. :)
i'm so sorry about your finger! that sounds painful!! :( glad you're okay though. :)here's to fast healing!

Kel said...

Thanks Jamie! The finger (literally!) is doing fine, it only hurts when I smack it on things by accident. They wanted me to go to my dr. to have the stitches removed, but...I'm going to do it myself. :D I'm trained!

Happy Easter to you and your men!

<3 kel

WaitingandHoping said...

Hey. Sarah at Life Sweet Life gave me your blog link---my husband and I have gone through infertility for years and are now trying to adopt---we are on the waiting list. I've been trying to find adoption stories to read and yours is great. Congrats on Jack! He is a cutie!

Kel said...

Thank you and thank you!! :) I hope you don't have to wait long, but even if you do, remember this: The child you will be placed with is THE child not just a child. We look at Jack and know now that it was just always supposed to be him. While the wait was painful at times, it was worth it, completely, every step! Good luck and I'll be praying for you!

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

Aww...love the picture and happy to see how happy you look. Be careful and take care of yourself too!