Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just an introduction

Just wanted to introduce you to a tough lady, with a lot of things going on in her life.  Mama J at Her Womb...

When waiting mothers take the time to read through my blog and contact me, I feel honored to be part of their journey.  I remember so Vividly the first time I read Jamie's blog, and Melba's and BB's and Holly's and all of the blogs I follow, I remember those of you who were placed while I was waiting.

Jamie's blog comes to mind because of a single photo, Jamie emotional, watching Milo come into the world, her hand over her mouth, and Matt holding her (Holding her up?) from behind, and what a miraculous image, burned into my mind and heart, that this thing called Adoption, it happens, and it happens to people just like me.  That and one of the later posts about Matt getting her her favorite icecream cone, and it was my favorite too.

It's the little things that bind us together as moms.  How amazing is it that our individual stories are so inspiring to others?  I love that I can ask any one of you anything and you will answer me honestly!

With Love to J and all of you,

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jewls said...

Every time I read adoption birth stories I cry....brings back so many memories! I love how I haven't met most the people whose blogs I read, but I feel so connected to them anyway!

P.S. I am going to respond to your email someday...honestly I have to do a bit of research first because I had NO idea what you were talking about...I guess I live in a bubble? Also, awesome you're doing a triathlon! I want to do one but I am a terrible swimmer and biker... ha! You'll have to tell me how it goes :)

J said...

AWE, thank you so much for the sweet blog! I love reading adoption blogs with happy endings because it makes me realize that I will get my happy ending! I was drawn to your blog because your family is so stinking cute and then I started reading and loved the way you wrote!

Jamie said...

this instantly brought tears to my eyes again kel ~ i know SO well the picture you are talking about...it sits in my living room in a frame that reads "life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" ;)that moment in my life literally took my breath away and the emotion that overcame me was unbelievable. thank you for the reminder and for remembering me. :) i haven't checked in as often lately as this little man of mine keeps me SUPER busy, just happened to stop by today. :)
adoption is wonderful ~ and we are all so blessed. :)

Melba said...

I'm WAY behind on blogs and pretty much out of the loop here in general (sad) but I love you and your story too...don't know how I would've gotten through it all without you awesome girls alongside.

Melba