Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This is just...AWESOME!

I am not a morning person. I don't do well on minuscule amounts of sleep. But you know what? I don't care! I'm having the best time waking up to feed my frantic son. The only time he flips out is when he wakes up hungry. We sleep from midnight to four am in the recliner and then we eat, and migrate to the bedroom with Jer. For some reason this works. In two months we'll work on getting him into his crib, but for now, he sleeps, I sleep and daddy (who has to work) sleeps!

This little man is just, so!! I am loving every moment I spend with him. My whole life I've been waiting to do this, and now that it's here, I am not disappointed. I am blown away by the absolute joy of it all.

When we first brought J. home, someone asked me if it was surreal. I have to say that it isn't. It is SO REAL! I practice yoga, which trains you to be in the moment, and I've never found it more valuable than this time with J. I spend a very little time planning things out for the future, I do it, it gets done, I have plans. But I spend more time taking in every little experience I have with this amazing little boy. He loves kisses, he does the whole open mouth thing and smiles when I give him big smooches and say "MWAH!" I swear he has a sense of humor already!

And he's a month old!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Dana/WiredDesign said...

Awww! So sweet! :)

slt said...

That made me cry! SO sweet! Can't wait to hear more and more!

Jamie said...

yay! :) enjoy every single moment as you are because i am realizing that they pass way too quickly. so happy for you and your little family ~ happy 1 month to Jack!! :)

Melba said...

I love what you said:

"This little man is just, so!!"

I think that captures more than any words could...your excitement shines through!

I feel exactly as you do. THIS...being a mom is what I was meant to do! Sure, there are other things, and goals and plans to be made...but being a mom is where it's at for me, in a BIG way. I can tell you feel the same way!

I just love little J.C., he is so, so, so awesomely sweet!!

Hugs,

Melba