Monday, October 5, 2009

Walking with Ramona


Abot two weeks ago I decided it had been too long since we went to visit Portland, and a few days later my mom called to tell me about the Ramona Quimby statue at Grant Park. Then, by chance she stumbled across a newspaper article about a tour of the neighborhood that Beverly Cleary grew up in and wrote about. Mom wanted to know if I wanted to go, and I was all for it!

And so were many others! Apparently Ramona can still draw a crowd!




This is our Tour Guide Laura O. Foster
She was wonderful!

This little girl is a "Ramona" for sure

So is this one.





Photobucket

2 comments:

BP said...

How fun! I always loved Ramona. I teach now and gave one of my groups a Ramona book, and they totally did not appreciate it! I was so sad :( Kids these days!

Jamie said...

sounds wonderful!! i loved all of beverly cleary's books!!! i think i read them all several times. :) once a ramona girl, always a ramona girl! :)i'll have to check it out the next time i'm there!